Sudhir’s practice encompasses commercial dispute resolution and arbitration covering a wide range of contractual, construction and regulatory disputes. His work includes a particular emphasis on infrastructure, franchise, joint venture, civil fraud and regulatory matters, as well as complex commercial disputes generally.
Under Sudhir’s supervision, Trust Legal has advised and represented clients in domestic and international arbitrations and connected motions before various High Courts in India and the Supreme Court of India, including but not limited to, proceedings for interim injunctions, protection against invocation of bank guarantees, appeals from arbitral awards and the appointment of arbitrators. The nature of the cases are diverse and includes, but is not limited to, infrastructure projects, power purchase agreements, gas supply agreements and joint venture agreements.
The following are illustrative of the matters that Sudhir has been involved in:
Acted in numerous other infrastructure projects:
- Acted for a road and infrastructure development company for its claim of USD 174 million against the National Highway Authority of India arising under a Concessionaire Agreement.
- Acted for a distribution franchisee appointed under the terms of the Electricity Act 2003 for its claim of USD 116 million arising under the Distribution Franchise Agreement.
- Acted for a solar power developer against the National Thermal Power Corporation for its claim of USD 16 million arising under a power purchase agreement.
- Acted for a road and infrastructure development company for its claims of USD 16 million arising under the concession agreement for development of four lane highway.
- Acted for a healthcare service provider for claims of USD 3 million in respect of defects in the construction of a new 300 bed hospital.
- Acted for Power Grid Corporation of India Limited against a construction company for claims of USD 3 million and counterclaims of USD 1 million under an agreement for the erection of electricity towers in North East India.
- Acted for a multi system operator (distribution operator of television signals) licensed by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India for its claims of USD 3 million arising under a joint-venture agreement.
- Acted for a scheduled airline operator against the Airport Authority of India challenging the termination of the scheduled airline operator agreement and the encashment of performance bank guarantees.
- Concession Agreement for design, engineering finance, construction operation and maintenance of a six-lane national highway under a PPP model.
- Concession agreement for development, operation and management of municipal solid waste.
- Contract agreement for the rehabilitation, construction, operations, maintenance and management of Bhagalpur water supply.
- Construction of water supply distribution network and improvements with house service connections for non-revenue water reduction and continuous water supply and providing sewer network with house connections, operational services of the system.
CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Under Sudhir’s supervision Trust Legal has an exceptional track record of representing clients in an array of matters across numerous forums. Trust Legal is among the very limited firms which have been registered as an ‘Advocate on Record’ in the Supreme Court of India.
The following is an illustrative list of the matters that Sudhir has been involved in:
Sudhir has represented clients before the High Courts of Delhi, Allahabad, Patna, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bangalore, Shimla,
Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kochi, Nainital, Chandigarh, Raipur, Hyderabad, Cuttack, Kolkata, Guwahati, Jammu and Lucknow.
- In the Supreme Court of India, represented the All India Gaming Federation in a matter involving Board of Cricket Control of India.
- In the Supreme Court of India and other forums, represented SITI Networks Ltd and multiple other entities under the Essel Group including Zee Media, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited and Zee Learn among others.
- Acted for 17 entities of the Essel Group against Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited in a contentious dispute revolving around four loan transactions. Further, ensured that Essel Group was able to successfully conclude the stake sale.
- Acted for Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited in multiple claims against Saregama India Limited (formerly known as ‘the Gramophone Company of India’ and ‘His Master’s Voice (HMV)’) for infringement of copyright.
- Acted for Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited against Tik Tok/ByteDance, Chinese music application involving infringement of copyright.
- Acting for SITI Networks Ltd. before the High Court of Kerala and the High Court of Delhi in challenges to Regulations promulgated by TRAI.
- Representing Essel MSW Energia Ltd. before the High Court of Delhi in its challenge against a blacklisting order.
- Represented Gujarat Industries Power Corporation before Competition Commission of India and High Court of Delhi.